Monday, December 5, 2011

Task of a Lifetime - well, of the week at least

So on Saturday, I was tasked with a task: Build a lead generation website for a small company.

Taken from vividblurry.com
This will be no ordinary website!  It will be an awesome and amazing website, mainly because I will have built it.  Actually, that's the only reason why it will be so awesome and amazing.  I don't want to sound cocky and narcissistic in saying that, but well, since I am cocky and narcissistic, it's nothing abnormal (lol).

So, the company I'm doing this only offers auto insurance right now, but they're looking to expand into additional areas.  What they do is work with dozens of auto insurance companies, and try to get you the best rate (translation: cheapest insurance).


I don't know the inner workings of what exactly they do, but apparently they are able to save people up to 30% off of what they're currently paying, while not skimping on the coverage.  I'd say that's pretty good.

Now it's time for a shameless plug of a commercial, from your's truly:
Are you paying too much on your auto insurance?  No?  Are you sure about that?  Really?  I bet I can get one for cheaper than what you've got, and that has the same coverage.  You don't believe me?!  Okay.  $20 says I can.  *pause for effect* See?!  I win!  Now gimme my $20!
Thank you, thank you!  Weren't you moved by that performance?  I was.  I was truly moved by the plot of the commercial, the intensity, the emotion!  I really want to find out more.

The following commercial was produced through My Acting School.   If you would like tickets or are interested in more information, please send me a blank check, and make sure that you have hundreds of thousands of dollars in that account that you don't care about.

Back to the real world.

Anyway, the site will be a pretty basic site with a sign-up form that will connect with a database.  It'll pretty much be a one-page site--just like most lead-generation sites.

There will be different pages (I'm not sure if I'll set them up as subdomains or as other pages, I'm debating which will be more SEO friendly) set up which will be for SEO purposes only, so that I can garner additional organic search traffic by placing higher in Google/Bing rankings.

Yep, that's all that will be done with it.  It'll be a very simple site.

If any of you are interested in seeing if this company can save you on auto insurance, either comment or email me and I'll pass it along.

No comments:

Post a Comment