Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Well, folks, it's that time of the year.

No, not Christmas, or even New Year's.  Okay, well, it is THAT time of the year, but I'm thinking about something else.

It IS playoff time for the NFL, but that's not the reason why I'm excited (although it is close).  The reason why this is the most wonderful time of the year is because it is time for the NHL!!!


In truth, the season has already started, but since the regular season for the NFL is ending, this means that I get to supplant my die-hard support for my favorite NFL teams (which are the Broncos and Patriots) to the NHL.  I do this because during the NFL post-season, there tends to not be so much entertaining news (it's usually preparing for and speculating about next year's draft, and talking about how much the injuries to star players will impact the next playoff game.  I'm not a big fan of the focus being on just a few teams - I can get all that information by watching 1 hour of SportsCenter on Saturday afternoon).

So, now that the NHL is here, I need to brush up on my NHL lingo.  So, here we go (these will include phrases used when trying to obtain tickets to some local games, or teams I want to see, or anything related to hockey):

Okay.  I think that'll do for right now.  That will be considered my warm-up exercises for today.  I will make a list of additional ones to work on tomorrow, so that by this weekend, I'll be fluent with my hockey vernacular.  

If any of you would like to know more hockey words, or even how to work with scalpers to get the best deal, post a comment, and we'll talk. ;)

By the way, this is a paid post.  Ticketamerica.com has NHL tickets for the chicago blackhawks montreal canadiens and the philadelphis flyers eating for home and way games.

No comments:

Post a Comment