Thursday, December 29, 2011

It's Basketball Time!

Well, it's that time of the year when church basketball starts.  It actually starts next week, but I started getting into it last week.  We had our first basketball practice, and let me tell you, I'm WAY out of shape.

Scratch that.  I'm in shape, but not the kind of shape that will last very long playing any kind of sport.

Anyway, we had a practice game with another ward out here, just to help out the referees (most of the refs have little to no experience refereeing, so we played a game to help them hone their skills).  The only problem (well, it was a benefit to me, because I was out of breath) was that the game was stopped several times in order to explain what the refs missed and why it was that way.  It was also to make us aware that they were going to call everything (travel, 3 seconds in the paint, etc).


So, my team had only five players, while the other team had seven.  That may not sound like a big difference, but when half of your team is not in basketball shape, it's a BIG difference.

As for my prowess, I only scored seven points.  Granted, I took only four shots, so I think I played pretty well.

My team lost, however, 39 - 38.  To all you awesome ballers, that may sound like a quarter's worth of work, but this was a practice match, where most of us didn't really care about the final score.  We were all there to have fun and help the refs out.

So, now that I'm going to start having weekly games, I need to get into basketball shape.  That's going to take a lot of work, because I'm not too motivated to do it. :(

The following is an advertisement, which will get me some money (I would like to get some more, so feel free to send more people to read my blog, or see what ads [I am NOT suggesting nor inferring that you click on them] Google AdWords has cooked up):

Ticketamerica.com has sports tickets for the ACC Mens Basketball Tournament seating and Air Force Falcons events plus all Alabama Crimson Tide University seating charts.
acc mens basketball tournament tickets
air force falcons tickets
alabama crimson tide tickets

No comments:

Post a Comment