Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Set Your Sights High-ish

I'm a secretive guy.

I really am a secretive guy.  I may not appear to be so because I'm very talkative (that may be an understatement), but I don't like to talk about things which are important to me.  Actually, writing many of the things in this blog is somewhat difficult for me because I don't like people to know what I'm really thinking.

Anyway, the reason for my statement is that it's a new year, and that means it's time for New Year's Resolutions.  This is a very difficult time for me, because of the whole resolutions thing.

I make resolutions every year, but I rarely write them down for two reasons: I don't want people to know about them, and I'm very superstitious.


I don't want people to know about my resolutions (goals, plans, etc).  I always feel that people will judge me and my situation if they read my goals, which usually leads to many wrong assumptions.  Even if those assumptions are correct, I would rather not have have people know.  People, especially when they are trying to help, tend to do more than what is needed and make the situation uncomfortable.

I don't like uncomfortable situations--especially when I know that they are trying to help, but they're either going about it the wrong way or they're trying to make it so I don't have to overcome the issues.  Part of the reason why I have these goals and resolutions is so that I can overcome my weaknesses.  If others come by and do the difficult part for me, then how is it that I can learn and grow?

Now, I understand that they are trying to help and they don't completely understand the situation.  I understand that I'm being completely selfish when it comes to this.  I know that I shouldn't turn down people's intents to help me.  But I am very independent (and selfish) and I want to overcome things myself.

My thoughts are that if I need help, I can always ask for help on the parts which I am having an extremely difficult time accomplishing.  That way, I can achieve my goal without undue and sometimes unhelpful assistance.

The other reason I don't like to share my resolutions is because I'm superstitious.  If I write down or say what my goals are, then there will be a lower chance that I will be able to accomplish them.

To any who do not believe in God and the devil, this may sound particularly absurd, but please bear with it, because this is my thought about it.

I have been taught that God understands the thoughts of your heart, however, the devil cannot understand the things of your heart, but rather understands you because before we came to the earth, we all lived together, and Satan was cast out of Heaven and onto the Earth.  We all knew each other and associated freely one with another.  The devil (Satan) cannot read our thoughts, but uses our language (body and spoken) to understand what we are doing.

With that said, I don't like to write down or even say my resolutions or goals because I think that if the devil knows what they are, he will try to prevent me from accomplishing them.  But, since God can read your thoughts, He will help you, as long as they are good goals.

So, if I do not state what my goals are out loud (in spoken or written word), there is a higher probability that I will accomplish them, because there will be less negative influence working against my accomplishing them.

I understand that this sounds somewhat stupid, but this is how I feel.  I am trying to overcome this weakness so that I can be a stronger individual.

So, without further ado, here are my goals for this year:

  • Get 10 advertisers (paying ones) for my First World Press blog by April 2012
  • Get 1000 monthly visitors to this blog by April 2012
  • Write 3 articles/posts daily (for any blog/news site)
  • Make $50k monthly by August 2012
I know these goals will be difficult to achieve, but this is what I want to do.  Now that I have posted my resolutions for this year, let's see if I can overcome my fears about having done this.

I am okay if anyone would like to help me accomplish these.  Although my earlier comments would dissuade many from helping, remember that I am trying to overcome my reluctance to accept help.

No comments:

Post a Comment