Tuesday, January 24, 2012

It's Been a While, But...

I know it has been a while since I was last able to post, but I have myriad excuses for that.  Let me count the ways:


  1. The dog ate my computer.
    Okay, the dog didn't actually eat my computer, but the DVD screwed it up.  Seriously.  It was working last week, but I decided to watch G.I. Joe the movie on there, and when I put it in, the computer completely froze.  So, I decided to restart it, and when I did, it wouldn't boot up.  I tried everything I could think of, but nothing worked--including the System Restore.
    I tell you what, there are times when Windows 7 totally screws you over.  I wish Microsoft had a method to quickly and easily restore your computer's operating system instead of the archaic method they utilize now.  This is one of the very few times when I would rather take an Apple computer over a PC (If you could not tell, I really do not like Apple computers.  My main reasons include their price - three times the cost, just for a simpler user interface?  Not for me - and closed nature - most of the programs and applications available are built for PCs, so if you want to get the same one for and Apple product, you need to fork over twice the amount.  Not cool.  I want a computer which will give me the greatest availability for products and the ability to connect with other computers.  Apple products only connect with other Apple products.)
  2. I was in detention.
    I am in school, and this semester is really tough.  I am taking Calculus II, Physics, PHP programming, and SQL programming.  I am taking a Physics lab class as well, but that one's pretty easy and fun, so I don't really count that as tough.

    I spend approximately 4 - 5 hours each and every day doing homework.  Sometimes I spend more, but it's usually about that amount of time.  Seriously.  And that's outside of class.  I spend about 4 hours every weekday in class.  So, I'm spending about 8 hours daily just on classwork, and I'm still falling behind.

    I tell you what, this is kicking my behind.  For the next little while, I will be spending more time getting myself caught up (mainly because there are tests coming up, and if I don't understand the information, I will fail the tests).
  3. There was a fight, and I tried to break it up, but got caught up in it.
    Okay, it was a verbal fight, but a fight nonetheless.  Right now, we are living with extended family, and there are times when one person in my family does not get along with a member of extended family (I will not mention names, but you know who you are, Chris.  Oh, wait!  I just said I wouldn't say names!  Oh, well.  I guess it's all out now.  I'll just live with the shame), and because of that, there are occasional verbal fights, which do not end with everyone walking away happily.

    These fights, when I try to break them up, are just a mess.  They leave all parties in an emotional mess.  They make my life really difficult, because I don't like to get in the middle of things, but I have to in order to salvage the relationships.
  4. Babysitters are in short supply.
    It's very difficult having five kids.  You know how many babysitters there are who are willing to watch five kids?  Not many.  Three?  You'll find many.  Less than three?  They'll be banging down your door.  Four?  They taper off, but you will still find some. Five?  Good luck.  Any more than five, and the oldest is typically old enough to do the babysitting, so you don't need babysitters anymore.

    So, that means that when my wife wants to do something, I get to be the babysitter.  I get to spend hours watching the kids, helping them with their homework, chores, and bedtime routine so they can get to bed.  By the time I'm done helping them get to bed, I'm dead tired and I'm not in a mood to do any homework or anything I need to do.

    Aside from my complaint, I would like to give a hearty thanks to all moms who do this all day, every day.  Can I get a "Woot, Woot!!"?
  5. I was so hungry I thought I would die!
    So, we had some difficulties with our finances these past couple of weeks, and in order to make sure that my wife and kids had enough food, I did without.  I would only eat dinner with the family, but I didn't really eat anything else, because I just wanted to make sure that there was enough for them to eat freely.

    That may sound somewhat chivalrous and stupid, but it was my way of showing that I really care about them.  It was my fault that we didn't have enough (although you need not worry, because we have enough food in storage to last us about 3 months, so we did find.  But, we didn't have the good foods which I sometimes truly desire, so it wasn't pleasant, but it was livable), so I figured that was my punishment.  And even if it was someone else's fault, I would still do that, so I guess I'm trying to make my actions sound better than they were.
So, those are the excuses I could come up with this morning.  Thank you for your time in reading my excuses.  I do hope that they have been acceptable to you.  May your day be well.

Aaaaaaand, cut!  That's a wrap!  Good work, everyone.  We'll see you back here tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment