Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Farewell to You, My Small, Disgusting Friends

THEY'RE ALMOST GONE!!!

That's a pretty vague statement.  After I wrote that, I was thinking about all the possibilities of what it could mean, and you know, I doubt that you would be able to guess (without any sort of a hint) what exactly it is I am writing about.

But, if you really want to guess, you're free to do so.  I'll give you a moment to wrack your brain to think of what it may be.  Go ahead and write down your thoughts (or even leave a comment below with what you thought it would be).

Did you take enough time to write them all down?  No?  Alright.  Take some more time.

You good now?  Good.


The jubilation and excitement I am experiencing is directly related to fact that the two warts on my hands are almost gone!

You read that right, warts.

I have had these two warts (one is on the inside-middle part of my left index finger, and the other is near the inside-top of my right ring finger) for years.  I don't really remember when they appeared, but it was NOT right after going to Frog City and frolicking in the midst of frogs.  THAT only happened in my dreams.

Anyway, I've had these two warts for many years (I think I've had them for about 10 years), but they're really annoying.  It's not that they're doing anything wrong; it's just that I find myself running my thumbs over the warts frequently (the warts show up as calloused bumps on the skin.  The actual wart is underneath all that extra skin), and it's annoying.

So, a couple of weeks ago, I finally decided to get rid of the warts.  I had decided on that years ago, but for some reason, when I went to the store to get the medication, I would always forget that I needed to get the wart medication and head down the candy isle.  Instead of saying that I finally decided to do it, I should state: I finally remembered while at the store to get the medication to get rid of the warts.

I was deciding between Dr. Shoell's wart patches and Compound W liquid wart remover.  Although the good Dr Shoell has made it so I could walk with my old shoes, I decided that because it can take up to 12 weeks to get rid of a wart, I would use the Compound W.

I've been using it for almost two weeks, along with clipping off the calloused skin, and it's almost gone!  I think I will be completely rid of the warts by the end of the week!  You don't know how excited I am about this!

It is like going through Christmas all over again.  Well, more of a stretched out Christmas where the only gift is the gift of not having warts any more.  It's not exactly like Christmas, but it will feel like Christmas nonetheless.

So, that is my excitement today!

Comment below what you thought I was writing about.  Seriously, do it.  I won't make fun of your responses... okay, I will probably make fun of them, but I mean it in all respect. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment